A relative of one of the Claudy bomb victims has submitted a formal complaint to police about the RUC’s actions in the aftermath of the atrocity.
Adrian Eakin visited Coleraine police station yesterday to put on record his concerns, and is demanding a fresh probe into the matter.
It comes in the wake of the news last month that the investigation was to be suspended pending the emergence of new information.
Mr Eakin, a 63-year-old Coleraine resident, is cousin to the father of Kathryn Eakin – an eight-year-old girl who was among the nine fatalities in the bomb massacre in July 1972.
“It’s something the family will never let go,” he said.
“I will pass the campaign on to the next generation, and hopefully they’ll pass it on to the next generation – until we get the truth.”
He said he had been due to meet a commanding officer yesterday, but gave a statement to a sergeant; something which will now be passed to the Police Ombudsman.
The Police Ombudsman’s office yesterday indicated it was aware of a complaint but had not yet received it.
Mr Eakin said his ultimate objective would be this: “We want a public inquiry the same as the Bloody Sunday people got. At the end of the day, they lost relatives. They’ve got most of the answers.”
But in the case of Claudy, he added: “We’ve got nothing.”