Members of Northern Ireland’s Nigerian community held a protest in Belfast on Saturday morning to express their concern for the abducted schoolgirls still missing in their home country.
More than 200 Nigerian teens, all female, were taken from the village of Chibok in Nigeria by Islamist terror group Boko Haram last month.
A crowd or around 30 people, made up mainly of members of the African and Caribbean Diaspora stood outside the City Hall with placards calling for the safe return of the girls.
The demonstration was organised by the Nigerian Association of Northern Ireland (NANI), alongside the African and Caribbean Support Organisation Northern Ireland (ACSONI).
Chairperson of NANI Dorcas Obikoya, who moved to Northern Ireland almost nine years ago, said the community wanted to make its feelings known.
“As mothers, as parents we felt it was important and necessary to show our concerns and make our voices heard,” the 46 year-old told the News Letter.
A similar demonstration in London began outside the Nigeria High Commission in Westminster and finished up at Downing Street.
Meanwhile Foreign Secretary William Hague has urged West African nations to come together to defeat the group responsible for the kidnap.
Attending international talks in Paris, Mr Hague said countries in the region needed to set aside their differences to develop a strategy to end Boko Haram’s reign of terror.