A mystery lottery player from Northern Ireland has missed out on a whopping £1m after failing to come forward.
On Wednesday night at 11pm, the deadline passed for the ticket holder - from the Fermanagh and South Tyrone area - to come forward and claim their prize money after their ticket was picked out in the Euromillions draw on August 3 last year.
Camelot UK Lotteries revealed that the money, plus the interest it has earned, has now passed over to the National Lottery Good Causes.
A National Lottery spokesperson said they had done everything possible to find the winning ticket holder.
“Unfortunately, I can confirm that the ticket-holder did not come forward within the deadline to claim their prize and has now sadly missed out on this substantial amount of money,” said the spokesman.
“To avoid this unfortunate situation happening again, I would urge all National Lottery players to check their tickets on a regular basis.
“We tried very hard to find the ticket-holder and it’s a real shame that they have missed out, but there is still one winner – the nation.
“This money, and all the interest earned over the 180 days, will now go to The National Lottery Good Causes – adding to the £29 billion already raised and distributed to over 390,000 individual awards that have benefitted people, communities and projects across the UK.”
Meanwhile a mystery winner, known only as Mr C from Co Antrim, has won £51,264.60 without ever touching a ticket after matching five main numbers in the EuroMillions draw on Friday, January 11, by playing online.