An application to the Parades Commission for a loyalist march through Belfast on November 30 - one of the busiest shopping days of the year - has been withdrawn.
The application by Loyal Peaceful Protestors to walk along a proposed outward route at 2pm of Donegal Place, Royal Avenue, North Street, Shankill Road and Tennent Street had a proposed an end time of 4pm.
In the application to the Parades Commission the group said 40 bands would take part in the event with around 5,000 participants.
Appeals had been made to parade organisers by business representatives to call the event off.
A spokeswoman for the Parades Commission said the apaplication for the November 30 parade had been withdrawn at the weekend.
She said a meeting was being held with Loyal Peaceful Protestors later today.