The debacle around classroom access at one school is expected to come up in court today.
With moves still under way to try and ease the deadlock at Hazelwood Integrated College, a law firm issued a statement saying it anticipates the matter will come up at the High Court this morning.
Acting on behalf of a parent at the school, where pupils have been shut out of some classrooms as part of a land dispute, KRW Law said their client was seeking “leave to apply for a judicial review of the board’s ongoing decision to prevent access to the facilities”.
The law firm had been in correspondence with Belfast Education and Library Board (BELB), which owns the land on which the classrooms stand, but feels there is “no alternative but to proceed to court”.
It added: “The board refute the assertion that there is any breach of the Education Order, the Human Rights Act and the ECHR guaranteeing the right to education.”
BELB has said that the proper agreements had not been in place to use the land.
The school had said on Friday that a meeting between it, the board and the Department of Education had not reached a firm conclusion, and that another one would be scheduled for today.