Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has said she is “outraged” at her conviction for assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival.
The N-Dubz star was found guilty of hitting Savvas Morgan during an altercation at V-Festival in Chelmsford.
The ruling was made by a judge at Stratford Magistrates’ Court in east London on Friday.
Her assistant, Gareth Varey, was cleared of using threatening behaviour during the incident in August last year.
After being convicted of the assault, Contostavlos was ordered to pay a total of £3,020. This consisted of a £2,700 contribution towards the cost of the prosecution, a £200 fine, £100 compensation to Mr Morgan and a £20 victim surcharge.
Earlier this week, a trial against Contostavlos on drugs charges at Southwark Crown Court collapsed after the judge said there were “strong grounds” to believe that undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood – known as the Fake Sheikh – had lied in the witness box.
In a defiant statement after the guilty verdict, she said: “This has been a rollercoaster week for me. I never wanted any of this.
“I did not assault Vas J Morgan and I am outraged at this decision. I will be appealing it.
“There are a number of high-profile witnesses who were there and know what happened. I urge them to come forward and tell the truth at the appeal.
“I am determined to clear my name as I have already done once this week.
“I repeat – I did not assault Vas J Morgan. I am innocent.”