Willie Frazer has shelved plans for a judicial review, saying he is confident a full hearing of his flag protest charges will soon take place.
The victims’ campaigner was speaking after his latest appearance in a Belfast court yesterday.
Last month, a judge criticised prosecutors for delays in completing the case file and Mr Frazer has now been the subject of stringent bail conditions since March.
Bail conditions prevent him making public speeches or social media comment over the Union Flag dispute.
The Markethill man faces six charges including one of encouraging or assisting offences by making a speech to flag protestors outside the City Hall in January.
He is also accused of taking part in un-notified public processions, obstructing traffic in a public place, and possession of a prohibited weapon – namely a Taser.
Mr Frazer said a preliminary inquiry hearing of his case has now been listed for September 27 which he welcomed.
“The whole thing is such a farce that is why I would like it to go to the Crown Court.
“The charges are a farce and that law [of encouraging and assisting offences] was brought out to deal with Muslim extremists,” he said.
“I might be the first one charged with it but I won’t be the first one convicted of it,” Mr Frazer added.