A Coleraine woman was left in “agonising pain” after she was burned by a leakage of suspected sulphuric acid at Causeway Hospital.
Louise Moody is currently being treated for serious burns to her back and arms after slipping in a puddle of the deadly acid outside the X-Ray Department of the Coleraine hospital at tea time on Friday.
The Northern Health Trust says it will hold a full investigation into the matter.
Speaking from her bed in the Burns Unit at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, a shaken Mrs Moody told the Coleraine Times: “I keep thinking it’s a nightmare and I’m going to wake up.
“I have extensive burns to my back and my two arms. I’ve been told I’ll probably need skin grafts. The consultant will be coming around again on Tuesday to decide what to do next.”