bangor extend lead at top of standings after beating Dundela

Bangor's Mark Cooling celebrates
Bangor's Mark Cooling celebrates

Bangor consolidated their lead with the defeat of the League’s early pace setters Dundela at Clandeboye.

The win crucially moves them seven points clear of Dundela.

The Duns drop to fourth place behind Institute and Carrick Rangers but they have two games in hand.

Dundela took the lead on ten minutes when Carl McComb’s shot was turned into his own goal by Walsh.

Jordan Forsythe levelled the scores on thirteen minutes but Bangor went ahead again with a stunning free kick by Mark Cooling from all of twenty five yards.

Dundela equalised two minute later through a headed goal by Kyle Owens but in the second half Bangor’s Mark Cooling netted his second and what proved to be the winning goal.

Institute put Larne to the sword firing six past the Inver men at Drumahoe and move into second place three points behind but with one more game played.

Robbie White fired home an early penalty to put the visitors one up but McCrudden and Parkhouse soon had Stute in the lead before they went for the jugular.

McCrudden completed his hat-trick after O’Flynn had made it 4-1 and that man McCrudden scored again to make it six.

Carrick Rangers maintained third spot with a 3-1 home win over Lisburn Distillery.

Gibson give the home side the lead just before the break and when McCloskey slotted home a penalty in the 72nd minute the game was as good as over. Gibson added a third four minutes later before Neil Alderdice hit a conciliation strike for the Whites.

Two goals from debutant Jay Costello was not enough for Loughgall as they went down by the odd goal in five to H&W Welders at Lakeview Park.

The Welders continue their fine run of form and have now only lost one in their last six league outings.

In the bottom basement battle at Rathmore Road Limavady United moved off bottom spot with a 1-0 win over Coagh United.

Heaney netted in the 74th minute to secure the valuable three points.

Donegal Celtic v Ballyclare Comrades and Knockbreda v Derview fell foul of the weather and were postponed following early pitch inspections.