ADELAIDE MASTERS: Marshall Neill seals stunning hat-trick

Marshall Neill won all three Superbike races at Bishopscourt
Marshall Neill won all three Superbike races at Bishopscourt

Portadown top gun Marshall Neill had a day to remember at the Adelaide Masters Series at Bishopscourt on Saturday where he bagged a sensational treble.

Neill celebrated victory in the feature Norman Brown Cup Grand Final race for the third successive year following a nip-and-tuck showdown with Lisburn rider David Haire (DHR B&W Kawasaki).

In glorious sunshine at the Co Down track, the pair fought out a race-long duel over 10 laps to leave the large crowd on the edge of their seats.

But in the end it was Neill who prevailed on the Ryan McGill Joinery Kawasaki ZX-10R Superstock machine by around 0.5 seconds.

Gerard Kinghan claimed the last rostrum place in third as he flashed across the line 10 seconds in arrears.

The top six was completed by Nikki Coates, Alistair Kirk and Jamie Patterson.

The win gave experienced Co Armagh rider Neill his third of the day after he also had the upper hand in both Masters Superbike races.

He struck his first blow in the opener in another gripping race with Haire, which again went right down to the wire.

The result set the scene for the rest of the day as Neill held on by less than half a second.

Big Waterford man Brian McCormack finished on the box in third position, followed by Cody Nally, Kirk and Coates.

McCormack was forced to miss the feature Norman Brown Cup race later in the day as he left the venue early to travel to Co Tipperary for the Faugheen 50 Road Races.

Irishman Nally stepped up to the plate to give Neill a run for his money in the second Superbike event, but once more the Ulsterman had that little bit extra in the tank when it mattered most as he held on to take the chequered flag once more.

Haire claimed third, with Kinghan, McCormack and Alan Bonner next.

Antrim’s Coates celebrated a win in the first Supersport 600 race over Robert Kennedy with Jamie Patterson in third.

In race two it was Patterson who came out in top from Lisburn’s Carl Phillips, with Coates having to settle for third place on this occasion.

The opening Supersport race was restarted twice due to red-flag incidents before being run later in the day.

None of the riders involved in the crashes were hurt.