A High Court battle that threatened to delay major new developments on Belfast’s waterfront has been settled.
The city’s Harbour Commissioners and developer Titanic Quarter Ltd were locked in a dispute over a master agreement for the 185-acre site’s multi-million pound regeneration.
But a judge was told on Thursday the two sides have agreed a deal to resolve their differences.
Both sides will be picking up their own legal bill.
The Commissioners and Titanic Quarter have worked together for more than a decade to deliver projects in the region, including commercial, education, residential and leisure facilities.
Other schemes for which planning permission exists include office blocks and a new four-star hotel.
However, differences had emerged over the interpretation of the master agreement signed by the parties in 2004.
Following out-of-court discussions, it was announced that a memorandum of understanding had been drawn up.
In a join statement, both parties in the court proceedings said that the end of the legal dispute will help allow them to “facilitate viable current and future development projects”.
They said it “marks an opportunity to re-invigorate Titanic Quarter”.