The City will study the effect of the Paris and Egypt terror attacks have had on November passenger traffic at British Airways and easyJet as teir post results this week.
British Airways owner International Airlines Group (IAG) and budget carrier easyJet will reveal the impact of terror attacks in Egypt and Paris when they post their latest passenger traffic numbers on Thursday and Friday respectively.
Both airlines will reveal their November numbers after both carriers in the last few days cancelled all flights between Sharm el-Sheikh and the UK until January following the almost certain terrorist bombing of a Russian passenger jet.
Flights were halted after the UK government said the plane crash in the Sinai desert, which killed 224 people at the end of October, may have been caused by a bomb.
BA said the decision was made following discussions with the UK government - while carrier Monarch, and holiday firms Thomson and Thomas Cook have also cancelled flights.
In the last few days Thomas Cook chief executive Peter Fankhauser said he had never experienced such ‘’unprecedented’’ disruption in his 30-year career after the recent series of deadly terrorist attacks.
The holiday firm said so far the cancellation of holidays to Tunisia after the beach and hotel terrorist attacks in June, which killed 30 Britons, impacted its underlying earnings by around £22m.
Last month IAG upgraded its annual profit guidance after growing passenger numbers and lower fuel costs led to strong third quarter results.
IAG, which in August added Ireland’s Aer Lingus to its stable of airlines for j1.4bn (£1bn), said its full-year operating profit would range from j2.25bn (£1.6bn) and j2.3bn (£1.7bn), having previously forecast j2.2bn (£1.6bn).