The regulatory body issued the decision on Monday evening.
The full parade used to pass through the gates at Workman Avenue until 2006, after which only 50 people were allowed through. The remainder were directed through the nearby Mackies site.
DUP MLA William Humphrey expressed shock and disappointment at the latest Parades Commission decision to block the entire parade from the Workman Avenue gates.
Mr Humphrey, who is a member of No 9 District said, “This decision is bizarre, illogical and unhelpful. The Whiterock parade has passed off peacefully in recent years with the Orange Institution fully abiding by previous determinations which restricted the number of participants allowed to pass through the gates. It is notable that the only breaches have been by nationalist protestors, some of whom travel a great distance to be offended.”
He said that last year senior republican protestors breached the rules by leaving the footpath and walking behind the parade.
“It was a clear breach of the determination but now they have been rewarded for it.”
Mr Humphries said the commission justified its decision by claiming the Orange Order had refused to get involved with it or residents.
“However the Orange Order has been in dialogue with residents for years,” he said.
He added that the purpose of the commission was “to enshrine the veto of nationalist protestors” against unionist parades.
The News Letter attempted to contact the commission for comment.