A primary school in Co Down is the latest to receive a threat message following a string of similar incidents across the Province in recent weeks.
In the letter to parents dated June 3, Dromore Central vice-principal Steven Carlisle said the school had received a “malicious communication” on Thursday, but was advised by the local education authority to “await guidance” before releasing the information.
On May 24, police said they were investigating a possible connection between hoax bomb threats made to seven schools in Northern Ireland and others in England.
Those malicious calls claimed explosives had been left on the premises, leading to the schools being evacuated.
In his letter, Mr Carlisle said: “While its credibility was questionable, out of due caution, we took this threat seriously and immediately notified the police.”
The vice-principal said police carried out a thorough search of the premises and school grounds before declaring the site safe.
“At this time, there is no information to indicate that Dromore Central Primary School’s staff or students were in danger,” Mr Carlisle added.
To date, there has been no indication of a motive for the series of hoax calls and there have been no reports of anyone having been arrested.
One parent of a Dromore Primary pupil who contacted the News Letter said she was concerned the school had been targeted.