Three people were arrested in Londonderry this morning by Detectives from Serious Crime Branch investigating a series of offences committed at the wake and subsequent funeral of Peggy O’Hara in July.
Those arrested - a 43-year-old woman, a 44-year-old man and a 57-year-old man - have been taken to the Serious Crime Suite at Antrim Police Station for questioning.
Police are also conducting searches in the City as part of the investigation.
The Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Philip Montgomery has also reissued an appeal for information.
The appeal points are:
1. Were you in the area of Templegrove on 15th July 2015?
2. Did you see anyone dressed in paramilitary-style uniform?
3. Did you see any suspicious activity in and around the area of Templegrove on the evening of the 15th July 2015?
4. Did you hear what may have been shots being fired that evening?
5. Did you see, or know where the gunmen went after the incident?
6. Were you along the route of the funeral cortege from Templegrove to the City Cemetery via Buncrana Road, Northland Road, Bishop Street and Lone Moor Road on 18th July 2015?
7. Did you see anyone dressed in paramilitary-style uniform on 18th July 2015.
8. Are you able to identify anyone who was dressed in paramilitary-style uniform on 18th July 2015?
“Do you have any information which may assist this investigation, if so please contact Detectives on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 8000 555 111,” he added.