A jury has been sworn in to hear the trial of a man charged with a murder in Co Down last year.
Mr Justice Colton told the jury, sitting at Downpatrick Crown Court, that the trial is expected at last up to four weeks.
Wesley Harry Vance, 27, formerly of Church Gate Studios in Comber, denies murdering Kyle Neil at a house in Mill Street, Comber, on April 12, 2015.
It is alleged Mr Neil sustained multiple knife wounds in the attack which was described by police at the time as “frenzied’’.
His remains were allegedly then placed in the boot of a Ford Fiesta car which was found abandoned in Windsor Road, south Belfast.
Also in the dock was co-accused Stephanie Todd, 26, from Russell Court in Belfast.
She denies a charge of assisting offenders by allegedly driving the Fiesta car with Mr Neil’s body in the boot from Mill Street, Comber to Windsor Road.
Todd also denies driving the car at the time with excess alcohol.
Addressing the jury, Mr Justice Colton said: “At all times throughout this trial, these defendants are innocent.
“You will only decide the case when you have heard all the evidence.”
The jury was released for the day and told to return on Tuesday morning for the start of the trial.