Security alerts in Londonderry ended on Sunday afternoon, roughly 24 hours after they were declared.
The two bomb alerts were announced by police along the route of the Apprentice Boys of Derry parade mid-afternoon on Saturday, and continued into the night.
One alert it was at the city’s railway station where the parade had begun on Saturday morning.
The other was on Spencer Road at the Quarry Steps leading to Gobnascale.
The railway station had been evacuated on Saturday and the line connecting the city to Coleraine had been shut.
While Duke Street, close to the river on the Waterside, had reopened on Sunday morning, the security alerts continued until about 3pm.
The PSNI said: “The security operation in the Waterside area of Londonderry has now ended. Searches have been conducted in the area and nothing untoward has been found.
“All roads have reopened to traffic and the railway station has been reopened.
Area Commander, Chief Inspector Tony Callaghan said: “The security operation commenced following claims that explosive devices had been left in the area of Quarry Steps and the railway station.
“Our priority throughout this operation was to keep people safe. We appreciate the support of local people as we worked to establish the substance of the claims and I would like to thank members of the public for their patience and co-operation during this operation.
“Whilst we have conducted a detailed search of the area I would ask local people to remain vigilant and, If you see any suspicious objects, please do not touch them but inform police immediately by dialling 999.”
Translink’s website had said on Sunday morning: “Due to a security alert the railway line between Derry~Londonderry and Coleraine is closed until further notice (both ways).
“A bus substitution will now operate between the part of the line that is closed, pick up in Derry~Londonderry will be at the Buscentre and NOT the Railway Station – delays are to be expected.”
For up-to-date information, see this link.