A man in his 60s was taken to hospital with serious injuries last night after he was struck by a train in south Belfast.
The News Letter understands he lost an arm as a result of the incident.
A PSNI spokesman said police and other emergency services attended Finaghy Halt after receiving a report that a man had been struck by a train around 11.15pm yesterday (January 9).
A spokesman for the Northern Ireland Ambulance service said: “We received a call at 11.35pm on Saturday saying that a man had been hit by a train at Finaghy halt.
“We took him to the Royal Victoria Hospital after he sustained a serious arm injury.”
A spokeswoman for Belfast Trust said the man was now “stable” in hospital.