Tributes have been paid to a man who died in a house fire in Enniskillen.
He was named locally last night (Thursday) as John Brazil.
The Fire and Rescue Service said they received a call just before 8.30am yesterday about a blaze at Drumgay Close.
A spokesman said four fire appliances – two from Enniskillen, and one each from Irvinestown and Lisnaskea fire stations – were deployed to the scene to tackle the blaze.
“Firefighters dealt with a fire in a bedroom of the house using breathing apparatus and thermal imaging cameras,” he said. “Tragically, one man was found deceased in the property.”
The firefighters remained at the scene for some time afterwards to ensure the blaze had been fully extinguished.
Police have joined the investigation due to the fatality although there has been no suggestion of anything suspicious at this stage.
Sinn Fein councillor Debbie Coyle said: “He was a really nice guy. It is just very sad and I really feel so sad for his family and friends.”
Ms Coyle, a member of a local women’s group, said Mr Brazil was “always more than happy” to support them by buying tickets when they were fundraising.
“He was always so happy looking, he would never walk past you in town without saying hello.
“It is just tragic and all the more horrible for his family just before Christmas.”
She had known Mr Brazil for three or four years.
“Everyone I have met today has said how shocked they are at his death, probably about a dozen people,” she added.