IRISH LEAGUE: Glenavon win at Dungannon with later Eoin Bradley goal

Dungnaon ''Swifts Dale Montgomery in action with Glenavon's Danial Kearns.
Dungnaon ''Swifts Dale Montgomery in action with Glenavon's Danial Kearns.


A stoppage time goal from Eoin Bradley piled the misery on Dungannon Swifts.

The forward came off the bench to head the winner at Stangmore Park.

Paul McElroy had given struggling Dungannon an early lead.

But Glenavon hit back in the 32nd minute through Daniel Kearns’ rasping strike, before snatching it at the death.

Bradley was on the Glenavon bench after missing the previous game against Ballinamallard because he was stranded in Sharm el-Sheikh.

Declan O’Brien, who scored a hat-trick in that match, kept his place in the starting XI.

Dungannon, meanwhile, had Ryan Harpur back for the clash against his former club.

The visitors had the ball in the net after six minutes, but O’Brien’s tap-in was ruled out for offside.

And their frustration was compounded when Swifts took a 10th minute lead.

A corner was played in to McElroy, who hit a shot on the turn, with the officials ruling the ball had crossed the line.

Glenavon threatened again when Kris Lindsay got his head to a free-kick, however, Dermot McCaffrey made a goal-line intervention.

The Swifts goalkeeper made a terrific save to deny Andrew Hall, before the Lurgan club equalised.

The ball broke in the box from a Kyle Neill corner, with Kearns running in to fire home.

As the rain teemed down in the second half, the chances seemed to dry up.

Glenavon had some decent chances, enjoying plenty of possession, but struggled to work the goalkeeper.

Simon Kelly saw an effort blocked on the line after a cutback from Lindsay.

But Glenavon snatched it in stoppage time as sub Bradley headed home from Neill’s corner.

DGN SWIFTS: Coleman, Montgomery, Armstrong, Burns, McCaffrey, Glackin, Wilson, McElroy, Harpur (Fitzpatrick, 79), Teggart (Lowe, 58), Mitchell

Subs not used: Hazley, Mullan, Addis

GLENAVON: Tuffey, Neill, Kelly, Lindsay, Kilmartin (Dillon, 90), Marshall, Cooper (Hamilton, 90), Hall, O’Brien (Bradley, 62), Sykes, Kearns

Subs not used: Patton, McGrory

Referee: Keith Kennedy (Lisburn)