Portadown officials accepted Chris Casement’s request to be placed on the transfer list on Monday night.
Casement had previously submitted a letter to Portadown chairman Roy McMahon with his formal desire to leave the club.
Portadown director Ronnie Stinson met with the defender last week to discuss the situation - with the decision now made to listen to offers.
“We received a transfer request from Chris via letter but wanted to talk to the player before moving forward,” said Stinson. “We held talks and asked Chris to go away and think about everything before making a final decision.
“He told us on Monday he wanted to leave and it is the decision of manager Pat McGibbon and the Board of Directors to accept that transfer request.
“Chris still has two years left on his contract but we are now open to offers for the player.”