Seasiders stay top after beating Celtic

Bangor's  Andrew Long  (left) celebrates with  Paul McDowell
Bangor's Andrew Long (left) celebrates with Paul McDowell

Leaders Bangor continued a march for the title at the Bangor Fuels Arena as they saw off Donegal Celtic 4-2.

Andy Long, on his return to the squad, headed home from close range for their first and turned provider for the second when his delightful hooked cross was smashed home by Paul McDowell for what looked like an invincible half time lead over Donegal Celtic.

DC pulled a goal back through Darren Stewart on 65 minutes but four minutes later the two goal lead was restored when Ethan Boylan hit the top corner from just inside the box.

Celtic would not lie down and when left back Danny Wallace reduced the lead again it was game on once more.

The two goal lead was restored, again four minutes later, when Tommy Wray headed the security goal from a corner to take the points and extend their lead at the top to four points.

Ards’ game at Loughgall was postponed due to the weather which gave Larne the opportunity to move second in the table and a penalty in either half was enough to give them the win they desired over Ballyclare Comrades in a closely fought derby at Dixon Park.

Paul Maguire made no mistake with the dubious first spot kick on 15 minutes.

The Welders are third on goal difference courtesy of this win over the PSNI at Tillysburn.

Conor McCloskey scored Carrick Rangers’ first in this ‘never in doubt’ win over Dergview at Taylors Avenue.

His goal, direct from a corner kick, came on the half hour but Richard Lecky tingled the nerves a little when he levelled matters, firing home from close in, five minutes into the second half.

Miguel Chines deservedly got The Gers noses in front again with a delightful free-kick and Ben Roy’s late strike ensured that no points were leaving Carrick.

Lowly Dundela suffered yet another home defeat at the hands of Knockbreda.

Amagh City completed a league double over Lisburn Distillery at Holm Park.

The weather took its toll on five of the seven games scheduled in Championship Two but in the two that went ahead Limavady United drew 2-2 with Queens University ay Rathmore Road.

And Newington came back from 2-0 down to take all three points at Mill Meadow as they saw off Moyola Park in what was an entertaining game.