Revealed: NI Covid-19 related deaths by country of birth
The Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) has, for the first time, published in depth analysis of the number of COVID-19 related deaths in Northern Ireland.
The study looked at deaths recorded in Northern Ireland between March 1 to May 31, 2020.
Northern Ireland COVID-19 related deaths by occupation:
- Skilled Trades/Elementary Occcupations/ Process, Plant and Machine Operatives - 40.7%
Tributes paid throughout NI after death of footballer Molly White
Northern Ireland nurse uses can of spray paint to make life easier for patient
Which side of the bed do you sleep on? Here’s what it says about your personality
Occupational therapist wins Catalyst Impact Award because ‘Seating Matters’
Weekly Covid death toll in Northern Ireland halves
- None/Unemployed/ Permenately sick/homemaker - 29.1%
- Managers, Directors and Senior Officials/Professional Occupations/ Associate Professional and Technical Occupations/ Administrative and Secretarial Occupations - 19.8%
- Caring, Leisure and Other Services / Sales and Customer Services - 10.5%
Proportion of COVID-19 & non COVID-19 Deaths by Country of Birth Occurrences from March 1 to May 31:
- Northern Ireland (COVID 19) - 89.9% | Northern Ireland (non-COVID-19) - 88.7)%.
- England and Wales (COVID-19) - 4.5% | England and Wales - (non-COVID-19) - 3.7%.
- Republic of Ireland (COVID-19) - 2.4% | Republic of Ireland - (non-COVID-19) - 4.6%.
- Scotland - (COVID-19) -1.0% | Scotland - (non-COVID-19) - 1.2%.
- Other - 2.2% (COVID-19) | Other - (non-COVID-19) - 1.7%.