The revelation came on the PSNI Craigavon Facebook page as the ever clever Officer ‘M’ - back from their holiday - got caught up with policing issues in the Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon area.
The page reported: “Nothing says ‘Happy wedding day!’ like a good punch up...
“That’s just one of the arrests our crews have made in a busy few days since the weekend in Craigavon and Banbridge.
“Since then, there have been 22 arrests for a whole range of offences.
Thousands expected to take part in 'Derry Day' this weekend
Brexit: There’s a fundamental con trick being played over Liz Truss’ Northern Ireland Protocol Bill says Lord Empey
Apprentice Boys of Derry: new era of respect makes for enjoyable ‘Relief’ parade
BBC political editor Enda McClafferty sees the funny side after he’s caught on camera underdressed for live TV report
Feile organisers asked if they have warned Wolfe Tones about leading young people in pro-IRA chants
“Sadly, the same easily preventable and entirely unacceptable themes keep recurring as you’ll see. The arrests included:
• 2 x common assault and threats to kill (one a domestic)
• 4 x common assault (2 domestics and then the wedding ding dong!)
• 2 x bench warrants
• 1 x sexual assault
• 1 x revocation of prison license
• 2 x mental health detentions
• 1 x AOABH
• 1 x Money warrant
• 1 x GBH
• 3 x drink driving, 2 of which were after RTCs!
• 1 x (this guy had a bad day!) criminal damage, bench warrant, no license, no insurance, driving whilst disqualified, drink driving and failing to answer police bail.
• 1 x disorderly behaviour.
• 2 x burglary!
“We also took uninsured cars off the road, issued PNDs for a variety of road traffic offences, and had the odd coffee in between...
“Stay safe out there,”